Unless you’re a fossilized clam, or perhaps have been quick-frozen in marshmallow carbonite, you’re probably aware that gas prices (especially in the USA) have increased a weeeee bit …
kinda sorta like an avalanche offers a weee bit of snow or a hurricane bestows a weee bit of raindrops or yours truly drinks a weee bit of coffee or 🙂 …
and have risen faster than a rollercoaster ascends the skies (but, alas, hasn’t dropped off and leveled as quickly either).
And while it truly would be peachy-neat to ignore this fact of life, reality remains. It’s freakin’ expensive to fill up a MommyMobile ($67 for my Dodge Caravan over the weekend)!! Of course, this means that less driving will be done, alternative driving options will be uncovered, and a new lifestyle will be embraced with all the passion of a parent comforting a bodily-fluid-encrusted sick child (it has to be done, but wow, it’s amazing how truly icky being smeared with said bodily fluids can be).
Well then, if dems de fax, all that remains is for you to say to yourself:
Jeepers Self, I can make money with all these high gas prices!
And here’s how.
Before you begin
Get ready for tons of research. ‘Matter of fact, brew up 3 extra pots of coffee or tea. You’ll need it.
Step 1.) Ask yourself, am I a master of portal building?
If the answer is yes, you’ll want to build a portal site that deals with high gas prices solutions. IE, perhaps something about mopeds or scooters (costs less to fill up), a guide to local attractions so parents don’t have to drive to Nebraska to amuse the kids, a site about mass transportation, etc.
NicheQuake is an excellent resource to assist you in this.
Step 2.) Ask yourself, do I want to write daily about beating high gas prices?
If so, you’ll want to build a profitable blog. My guide, No Hype, Only Results – 21 Days to a More Profitable Blog, would be useful there.
Step 3.) Ask yourself, about what topic relating to high gas prices would interest me?
I’ve found that actually wanting to learn more about something helps me create far superior content in my sites.
Need some content topics regarding high gas prices? How ’bout:
- How to keep your car tuned to increase your gas mileage
- How to choose a gas-conscious car
- All about electric cars
- All about smart cars
- All about hybrid cars
- How to save money at the pump
- Fuel banks
- How to find effective carpools
- How to maximize your driving habits
- How to choose a moped/scooter
- Best ways to earn gas cash back
- Bus riding tips
- Master hypermilling
- How to amuse kids without roadtrips
Step 4.) Once you’ve chosen your topic, build your site and prepare for monetization.
Those three resources take the pain out of site building….and help you jump-start the creation of a money-making niche website. For example, if you blog about increasing your car’s mileage, you can include links to car maintance products and mauals….if you build a site about scooters, you can include links for the most popular electric scooter brands today.
Finally, you can:
Step 5.) Write your own ‘Beat High Gas Prices’ tutorial and package it as an ebook.
After you’ve built your site or started blogging, chances are, the research you’ve done will give you enough material to write and package your money and time-saving tips into an ebook. And if you sign up at Clickbank or eJunkie, you can then build a huge list of affiliate individuals who will market your book for you in return for a commission share. I’m in the process of doing that meself (but with Camp Ling and everything else on my plate, it’s taking a weeeee bit longer than I had anticipated).
High gas prices are a fact of life today. Why not make money from it as well?
And of course, today’s tip wouldn’t be a Barbara Ling posting unless I gave you some rather neat resources to jumpstart your research! Visit the following links and see what ideas they spark for your own Make Money with High Gas Prices endeavors:
- 100+ EcoDriving Tips to get Better Mileage in Your Car
- 104 hypermiling / ecodriving tips .The Best List Yet
- 105 hypermiling / ecodriving tips .
- 12 proven ways to improve your gas mileage
- 12 Reasons Why High Gas Prices Are GOOD For America
- 16 Easy Tips to Save Money on Gas Prices
- 33 Gas Saving Tips – Best Gas Mileage – Dump Gas Savers
- 43 Gas Saving Tips!
- 4 ways to waste gas money
- 6 Gas Saving Myths
- 6 Ways You.re Wasting Gas
- 9 Ways to help save you money at the pump
- Acetone Does Not Increase Gas Mileage
- Adult Entertainment Affected by High Gas Prices
- Another Suburban mom – Gas Pains, Part II
- Antro Solo gas-electric hybrid promises 150 mpg
- Are High Gas Prices a Good Thing?
- Ask Patty.s Fuel Efficient Blog Carnival: May 28, 2008
- Beat High Gas Prices..
- Beat High Gas Prices This Summer With A Staycation
- Beat high gas prices; Work from home
- Best Gas Credit Cards to Save You Money at the Pump
- Bicycle Frenzy – Beat High Gas Prices
- Broke? Plan a Staycation This Summer
- Buying a New Car to Save on Gas Mileage
- Clean MPG Forums
- COMPLETELY INSANE SMART WAY TO BEAT HIGH GAS PRICES
- Driving like my mom: How to measure your car.s gas mileage
- Extremely Frugal Gas Saving Tip
- Family Dollars and Sense – Plan a Staycation!
- Five Reasons to Keep Your Gas Guzzler
- Free or Inexpensive Things to Do on Your Next Staycation
- Frugal drivers run out of gas
- Frugal Gas . Is That an Oxymoron?
- FTC Saving Money at the Pump
- Fuel Economy Tip – The Two Mile Rule
- Fuel Economy – We Test the Tips
- Fuel Me Up!
- GardenWeb.s Gas Savings Tips
- Gas Buddy
- Gas Buying Strategies
- Gas Crunches Shopping Habits
- Gas Price Watch
- Gas Savers Forum
- Go Green . Buy a Used Car. It.s Better Than a Hybrid
- Good, Better, Best: How to Improve Gas Mileage
- Guess how much we.ll all be gouged by gas prices and win three months of free Telenav service!
- Hack Your MPG: How to Improve Gas Mileage by 15%
- Have your driving habits changed???
- High Gas Prices Changing Society
- How Are Gas Prices Determined?
- How do you beat the gas price crisis?
- How high gas prices could make the world a safer place
- How much is your commute costing you?
- How the high gas prices are helping me save money
- How to Improve Your Fuel Economy: 23 Top Tips for Better Gas Mileage
- How to Improve Your Gas Mileage
- How to Jolly Well Beat High Gas Prices
- How to save money at the gas pump – EVERYTIME!
- How to Save Money on Gas – 29 Tips
- Hybrid cars don.t save you money. Do the math!
- Hypermiling 101
- Instructables tips on how to improve gas mileage
- JD Power – Americans ready for hybrid revolution
- List of gas saving tips from best to worst
- Man Stuffed 13 People Into His Volvo
- Mom.s Buzz – Money Saving Gas Tips
- More Gas Price Politics
- No Drive Days
- Pain at the Pump
- Pain at the pump, and everywhere else
- Pain at the Pump: Break Even With Utterz!!
- Planning a Staycation
- Quotations about the Rising Price of Gasoline
- Record Oil and Gas Prices Got You Down? Use This Opportunity Make Money
- Ride Bikes to Beat High Gas Prices
- Running Your Car on Water – Beat High Gas Prices
- Save Gas, Save Money: 66 Ways To Spend Less On Gasoline
- Save money at the gas pump with these tips
- Save Money at the Pump – 7 Ways
- Soaring Gas Prices Bring Out A New Breed of Phony Fuel Savers
- Staycations: Alternative to pricey, stressful travel
- Stretch Your Dollar on the Road
- Summer Gas Saving Tips
- Synthetic Oil – Does It Increase Gas Mileage?
- Take a "Staycation"- Vagabonder Style
- The Gas Tax Holiday; don.t fall for it.
- The High (Gas) Price of .Feeling Good.
- The Price of Gas
- The Ultimate Guide to Hypermiling: 100 Driving and Car Tips and Resources
- Think You Can.t Afford a Hybrid?
- Tips to Beat High Gas Prices
- Top 10 Tips for Saving Gas
- To Save Money at the Gas Pump, Pay Cash
- Using High Gas Prices To Make Sales
- What is the MOST money you.ll pay for the absolute LEAST quality?
- Why high gas prices are a good thing
- Why High Gas Prices Are Bad For Oil Producing Countries
- Why is Gas So Expensive?
- Why Your Grandma Gets Better Gas Mileage Than You
- WikiHow – Save money on gas
- Will Buying A Hybrid Sedan Really Save You Money?
- Win a Gas Card from How I Save Money!!
- Won.t Someone Think of the Gas Station Owners?
Hope you find them useful!
Oh, and to walk the walk I talk, interested in scooters or mopeds? Lookie at the bargains Amazon.com has to offer you!
#BEGIN highlights of this blog writing post:
Beginners Make money with high gas prices tips: Try to think in terms of Solutions. ie, Save Money With High Gas Prices (turn that into frugal living), Staycations For Profit, etc.
Intermediate and/or Advanced Make money with high gas prices tips: Build a whole portal/blog that embeds your affiliate links with style and grace.
#END highlights of this blog writing post
Like this post? Please feel free to tell your friends and Digg It – I very much appreciate your time!
ps – and if you’d like to regale yourself with eBay goodies, lookie at: