Paradise is approaching every fiber of my very being as school starts in two days! Talk about bliss!
But I digress. 🙂
Today's thought of the day is courtesy of Nicky 510 (besides cartoons, you also receive for free super photographs and really interesting points of view) and goes like so:
The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly – that is what each of us is here for.
Why are we here? What's the meaning of life? What's the purpose of it all? These are tough questions to answer. In the cosmic scheme of things our entire planet doesn't make any impact at all really – it's just an infinitesimal mote in an immense universe. Given that, what's OUR point, tiny and transient creatures such as we are?
Well, it's a big issue and it's given birth to all our religions and philosophies. Too big a topic to cover even shallowly here. But I thought Oscar's contribution was quite a good one. It's something that we can wrap our minds around and profit from. Our aim in life should be, paraphrasing here, to become the best that we can be. It's impossible to realize one's nature perfectly (perfection being so elusive) so where does that leave us? In a state of continual striving, that's where. It's the journey, not the destination.
To me, his two sentences encompass a wide panoply of follow-on realizations. Rest on one's laurels? Never! That's not self-development. Do a slap-dash job? Not unless your nature is to do things poorly. Tell people you're an expert before you've made every possible mistake? Not going to happen…..MORE….
I really like how Crow ends his thoughts (not included above). And here's mine:
I remember when I was a weee lass of single digits and I asked my mom that very same question:
Mom, what's the meaning of life?
She told me (she really did) the following.
Barbara, the meaning of life is you live and you die BUT by the time you die, you've made the world a better place for someone or something. It could be for your family, it could be for the state, it could be for the nation, it could be for your friends….the point is, the world became a better place because YOU were it in.
And that's what I teach me kids to this day as well.
How 'bout you? What's your take?
ps – speaking about the Meaning of Life, have you seen:
- ☕ Your Friday Morning Perkup: 1984, Big wah, Latest release, eCom, PLR, Instagram, more - May 27, 2016
- ☕ Your Thursday Morning Perkup: 1969, eCommerce, PLR, Bell Labs, Social, Offline, more! - May 26, 2016
- ☕ Your Wednesday Morning Perkup: 1977, Argh, Virtual Reality, eCommerce, FB, PLR, Social, more! - May 26, 2016
- ☕ Your Tuesday Morning Perkup: Oh my - May 25, 2016
- ☕ Your Monday Morning Perkup! 1911, Happiness, PLR, Instagram, Storms, more - May 24, 2016
- ☕ Your Sunday Morning Perkup: Sadness - May 23, 2016
- ☕ Your Saturday Morning Perkup: 1932, Dogs, Templates, Yoda, Sleep, PLR, more! - May 21, 2016
- ☕ Your Friday Morning Perkup: 1609, Templates! Fiverr, Down and Out, Increasing Tonight, more! - May 20, 2016
- ☕ Your Thursday Morning Perkup: 1897, Kindness, Kid Update, List Goodness, Pinterest, PLR, more! - May 19, 2016
- ☕ Your Wednesday Morning Perkup: 1152, IM, Food shaming, Lazy Affiliates, 52 sites, JVzoo software, More! - May 18, 2016