Okay yet again, it's evening.
And it was truly a wondrous day for me! I really hope it treated you well too – I did get several more chapters done (all together now, yay!), had lunch a with a great friend and just realized that Jeepers! It's after 6pm! And as that normally means, it's close to midnight to me, it's time to release YAIEC! (yet another incredibly exciting chapter, for those who shun acronyms). 🙂
So let's go!
December 6 – Decide What You're Going To Sell, Make The Sales Page
Before you begin
You have your main holiday promotion.
You have your upsell promotions!
It's time to make those two nifty neato sales pages siiiing!
Now, let's think about this for a sec. You have several options right now!
Depending upon what you're selling, you can simply focus your current sale page on the holiday sale.
Personally, I'd recommend the second for the following reasons.
1.) Every time you create a new page in a search engine, you get one more opportunity for your site to show up in Google.
2.) Since this is a holiday sale, you want to take advantage of unique search engine optimization for your niche AND the holidays. Ie, you want your site to show up for things like:
craft christmas gifts
baseball holiday gifts
handcrafted holiday gifts
cheap candy gifts
barbie discounts for the holidays
Is your site also listed in Google Places? If not, why not? It can help your local search engine visibility too!
is where you go to add your business online.
Why it's important
It's important to make specific holiday sales pages because you want to make it as EASY AS POSSIBLE for your visitors/future customers to find where your holiday discounts are!
Plus (and this is only my nerdly “it's good for you” speech), the more comfortable you get adding pages and writing sales copy and etc., the easier it will be for you to really soup up your online business without having to depend upon another webmaster.
Ready then? Alrighty, let's dive into:
How to do it
How to write a stellar sales page that causes your visitors to fling their wallets at their computer screen like maddened monkeys on a caffeine high….
It's kinda sorta beyond the scope of this book. 🙂
But in the meanwhile, here are some great resources that can help you out.
How to write sales copy:
http://www.copyblogger.com/copywriting-101/ (read everything there!)
How to design a sales page:
Call to action graphics:
Like I had earlier mentioned before, I tend to go with the Silver and Gold versions of my products.
Often, I'll highlight the GOLD version much more than the SILVER to grab visitor attention – you can see that in action over at
The GOLD copy is at
and you'll notice….both pages are exactly the same, the only thing (behind the scenes that differs) is that the order buttons point to proper version.
Another example is:
Hopefully all of the above pages will spark your own imagination!
So here are are – by the close of day 6, you have your special holiday products/sales highlighted on your site!
The joy you must be experiencing – 'tis wondrous indeed!
But thinking that simply because you built it…they will come….
The easy stuff has been completed, yes indeed.
And that's what we'll focus on next.
- ☕ Your Friday Morning Perkup: 1984, Big wah, Latest release, eCom, PLR, Instagram, more - May 27, 2016
- ☕ Your Thursday Morning Perkup: 1969, eCommerce, PLR, Bell Labs, Social, Offline, more! - May 26, 2016
- ☕ Your Wednesday Morning Perkup: 1977, Argh, Virtual Reality, eCommerce, FB, PLR, Social, more! - May 26, 2016
- ☕ Your Tuesday Morning Perkup: Oh my - May 25, 2016
- ☕ Your Monday Morning Perkup! 1911, Happiness, PLR, Instagram, Storms, more - May 24, 2016
- ☕ Your Sunday Morning Perkup: Sadness - May 23, 2016
- ☕ Your Saturday Morning Perkup: 1932, Dogs, Templates, Yoda, Sleep, PLR, more! - May 21, 2016
- ☕ Your Friday Morning Perkup: 1609, Templates! Fiverr, Down and Out, Increasing Tonight, more! - May 20, 2016
- ☕ Your Thursday Morning Perkup: 1897, Kindness, Kid Update, List Goodness, Pinterest, PLR, more! - May 19, 2016
- ☕ Your Wednesday Morning Perkup: 1152, IM, Food shaming, Lazy Affiliates, 52 sites, JVzoo software, More! - May 18, 2016