I hate ignorance.
I mean, think about it.
There are so many easy things you could be doing today that would make your future sales 'way easier tomorrow. Alas, you're ignoring them. Blindly.
applies applied to me too! After all, with today's information overload, it's reeeaaalllllly easy to let things slip thru the cracks.
Take today's brilliant post by Brian Solis:
Now, I want to you to click above to that article and *really*…..*really*…..read it.
Take your time too, I'll wait and reflect on my past daring Eyeglasses scam-exposing adventure:
Ah, you're back!
Now, let me ask you.
What's the *first* thing you did when you completed reading the article?
- Did you say, "oOo that's nifty!" and come back here?
- Did you instead think "Jeepers! My coffee cup! It's empty!" and go to refill it?
- Did you drop and give yourself 50 pushups because hey, that's just plain cool?
Here's what I did!
I said to meself:
"Self, this is coming down the pike – I'd be dumber than scrawny parakeet taking on a ravenous saber toothed tiger if I didn't start keeping myself abreast of this Fcommerce trend!"
See, I don't do much with Facebook yet besides maintain my deliciously filling, strangely satisfying, sinfully …decadent….. Fan Page entitled The Unleashed Expert. But just because I wasn't tapping into the magnificent benefits F-commerce offers to me, it doesn't mean I should pretend it's as fairy-tale-like as an honest politician!
So I zoomed over to my Google Feedreader, created a new category called (get this! Social Commerce!) and added the following blogs to it.
- About FourSquare
- Get Elastic Ecommerce Blog
- Get Currency
- Social Commerce Today
- Bazaar Blog
- The E-commerce Blog
That way, I have the latest articles from the leading blogs about this F-commerce niche thingee topic….right at my fingertips.
That was not all I did!
Oh no, oh no!
While I was searching, I realized that bunches of non-f-commerce-specific sites were blogging about the topic…but including them in that particular category was just plain confusing!
So guess what I did! No no, instead of guessing what I did, tell me…what would you do?
Take your time once more, I'll wait. Perhaps I'll even amuse myself with:
Ah, you're back! And yes, you're right.
That's *exactly* what I did!
I added a Google News feed for "F-commerce" to my Feed Reader.
It's easy to do! First, you go to Google News.
Then you search for
"I want to sign up for Barbara Ling's News Feed" <== (nope, that's not subliminal, not at all).
Sure, there might be only a handful of articles today, but who knows how many more people might be writing about it in the far-away future?
Once you see the search results, you can scroll down until you see that tremendously huge RSS icon like so:
Step 1.) Hover over that RSS link, right click, and choose "Copy Link Location".
This copies the RSS URL to your computer.
Step 2.) Go to your Feedreader and add it in.
If you're using Google Feedreader, simply click on the
Add New Subscription
Then you would paste in the URL (ie, click "<CONTROL> V" or possibly right-click and choose PASTE).
Once that feed was added, you would then choose Feed Settings and select "New Folder" so you could categorize it nicely.
Need help with Google Feedreader? The following should be most useful!
And Voila! Whenever a new topic you want to learn about pops up in the news, you'll be alerted to it.
Now hold it right there! I can read your mind, see, and know you're thinking:
"But Barbara, how will doing the above help me narrowly avoid tomorrow's negative sales?"
An excellent question! It helps you because IF F-commerce really does take off…you'll already be aware of the tools and resources you can tap into for your own business online as well.
And that, of course, can only be described as a Very Good Thing indeed!
Remember, gentle reader – we're living in an age where information is being delicately fed to us with the force of an out of control firehose.
It's up to *you* to manage it wisely. And you can!
Go for it now…your bottom line will thank you later.
- ☕ Your Friday Morning Perkup: 1984, Big wah, Latest release, eCom, PLR, Instagram, more - May 27, 2016
- ☕ Your Thursday Morning Perkup: 1969, eCommerce, PLR, Bell Labs, Social, Offline, more! - May 26, 2016
- ☕ Your Wednesday Morning Perkup: 1977, Argh, Virtual Reality, eCommerce, FB, PLR, Social, more! - May 26, 2016
- ☕ Your Tuesday Morning Perkup: Oh my - May 25, 2016
- ☕ Your Monday Morning Perkup! 1911, Happiness, PLR, Instagram, Storms, more - May 24, 2016
- ☕ Your Sunday Morning Perkup: Sadness - May 23, 2016
- ☕ Your Saturday Morning Perkup: 1932, Dogs, Templates, Yoda, Sleep, PLR, more! - May 21, 2016
- ☕ Your Friday Morning Perkup: 1609, Templates! Fiverr, Down and Out, Increasing Tonight, more! - May 20, 2016
- ☕ Your Thursday Morning Perkup: 1897, Kindness, Kid Update, List Goodness, Pinterest, PLR, more! - May 19, 2016
- ☕ Your Wednesday Morning Perkup: 1152, IM, Food shaming, Lazy Affiliates, 52 sites, JVzoo software, More! - May 18, 2016