Today is the 21st! And yesterday, I proved yet again that nothing but nothing says Mother Love with a capital ML like "Sitting through the Beginners Band Concert As They Bravely Play A Stirring Rendition of Angry Molten Baked Goods (otherwise known as Hot Crossed Buns).
Actually, the band was surprisingly decent compared to the last, what, 85 beginners band concerts that I've endured. Bad news was, my ankle kinda sorta gently told me (like a stampeding herd of horses gently mow over daisies) that fusing time is fast approaching. Wah. But hey, these things happen…things could be a lot worse.
But I digress. 🙂
Tell me now.
Have you ever felt your community's privacy is as stable as this?
Yep, me too.
In the past, that is.
Nowadays, I don't have any worries about sharing community emails when I contact said community via a mass mail.
And I manage this with one very simple tip indeed!
Here's how to do it.
Step 1.) Create a mailing alias that forwards…..to yourself.
For example, you might want to choose
If you don't use your own domain, you can simply create a throwaway gMail account as well.
Step 2.) List all of your community members email addresses, separated by a comma, in a text field.
This will make it easy to copy/paste.
Step 3.) Create an email and set the receiver to be your 'email@example.com'.
In essence, you're sending an email to yourself (as that alias forwards directly to you).
But even cooler….anyone responding to it….said response will get sent directly to you too!
Step 4.) Copy and paste your community email addresses in the BCC field.
*Not*, mind you, the CC field.
The BCC field.
BCC means Blind Carbon Copy.
That means that everyone in your community will receive your email…but they won't see the email addresses of fellow community members.
Write your email…and send it.
All your community members will receive it while everyone else's privacy is protected.
Nobody knows to whom else you're sending the email.
It works great!
Thus, if you're looking for a way to keep your community email addresses private…definitely consider the above.
It can only do you good. And if you have other ways of protecting your community's privacy, I'd love to hear them below…thanks!
- ☕ Your Friday Morning Perkup: 1984, Big wah, Latest release, eCom, PLR, Instagram, more - May 27, 2016
- ☕ Your Thursday Morning Perkup: 1969, eCommerce, PLR, Bell Labs, Social, Offline, more! - May 26, 2016
- ☕ Your Wednesday Morning Perkup: 1977, Argh, Virtual Reality, eCommerce, FB, PLR, Social, more! - May 26, 2016
- ☕ Your Tuesday Morning Perkup: Oh my - May 25, 2016
- ☕ Your Monday Morning Perkup! 1911, Happiness, PLR, Instagram, Storms, more - May 24, 2016
- ☕ Your Sunday Morning Perkup: Sadness - May 23, 2016
- ☕ Your Saturday Morning Perkup: 1932, Dogs, Templates, Yoda, Sleep, PLR, more! - May 21, 2016
- ☕ Your Friday Morning Perkup: 1609, Templates! Fiverr, Down and Out, Increasing Tonight, more! - May 20, 2016
- ☕ Your Thursday Morning Perkup: 1897, Kindness, Kid Update, List Goodness, Pinterest, PLR, more! - May 19, 2016
- ☕ Your Wednesday Morning Perkup: 1152, IM, Food shaming, Lazy Affiliates, 52 sites, JVzoo software, More! - May 18, 2016