Unless you’ve been attached to several dozen fossilized clams, chances are, you’ve heard about Google’s new foray into Social Media entitled (drumroll please!)…
Google Circles! (not to mention, Google Plus).
Right now, it’s in field-test beta mode, but trust me when I say you’ll *want* to join in as soon as possible.
Why, I hear you ask?
Simply for the nifty reason that within Google Circles, you can separate all of your friends into specific groups (ie, circles), view their “wall” posts, send selective messages/emails, etc.
Think about this for a moment.
Let’s say that within your Facebook profile, you have:
- Folks with whom you business network
- Fellow karate practicioners
- People who love moose wrangling
- Internet marketers
- Authority figures in the SEO space
- Your family
- Your best friends
Well, Google Circles will allow you to separate out and manage individually each grouping of folk.
Thus, you could send your new product release to only your customers in Google Circles, and leave out your close friends/family.
- You could send out that nifty new “Eeek! Google Is Killing My Sites Because SEO is Stupid!” video you just made…only to those who are in the SEO space.
- You could notify fellow mommy bloggers about your BlogHer ideas…without letting anyone else in your network see.
And so on, and so on.
With that out of the way, here are some excellent tips/resources/tutorials to prepare you for the wonders of Google Circles.
Step 1.) Sign up for notification to Google Circles!
You can find it right here at Google Plus Forms.
Wasn’t that simple?
Step 2.) Take the tour and demo Google Circles.
Click on the Google Circles Demo link…and then select Circles and Hangouts and….like so.
The Google Circles Tour and Demo will walk you through exactly how things will look once you’re signed up.
Methinks you’ll see it’s *extremely* powerful.
Step 3.) Watch some great Google Circles Video Tutorials
As you can imagine, some enterprising individuals have already made some nifty ones!
Step 4.) Read about some creative uses of Google Circles!
You’ll love these resources…
- Google Plus Cheatsheet
- 10 Tips To Make The Most of Google Plus
- All You Need To Know About Google Circles
- Beth Kanter on Google Plus
- Create a Saved Circle
- Export Facebook Friends to Google Plus
- How to Invite Others to Google Plus WITHOUT The Invite Button
- How to Turn Google Plus Into Facebook (cool!!)
- If Google+ Was a Comfy Couch At A Conference
- Sorting and Managing Your Google Circles
- Top Google Plus Tips and Tricks
In closing, you should definitely get ready for Google Plus and Google Circles…it really does look like it’s leaps and bounds ahead of Facebook for selective sharing, ease of use and much much more.
What’s your take? And if you’d like to network with me…
Find me over at http://gplus.to/mamabearmother !
ps – looking for the best handbook on dominating your niche and becoming an established authority resource? Check out the latest edition of my flagship product, Income Fitness! You’ll love what you discover.
- ☕ Your Friday Morning Perkup: 1984, Big wah, Latest release, eCom, PLR, Instagram, more - May 27, 2016
- ☕ Your Thursday Morning Perkup: 1969, eCommerce, PLR, Bell Labs, Social, Offline, more! - May 26, 2016
- ☕ Your Wednesday Morning Perkup: 1977, Argh, Virtual Reality, eCommerce, FB, PLR, Social, more! - May 26, 2016
- ☕ Your Tuesday Morning Perkup: Oh my - May 25, 2016
- ☕ Your Monday Morning Perkup! 1911, Happiness, PLR, Instagram, Storms, more - May 24, 2016
- ☕ Your Sunday Morning Perkup: Sadness - May 23, 2016
- ☕ Your Saturday Morning Perkup: 1932, Dogs, Templates, Yoda, Sleep, PLR, more! - May 21, 2016
- ☕ Your Friday Morning Perkup: 1609, Templates! Fiverr, Down and Out, Increasing Tonight, more! - May 20, 2016
- ☕ Your Thursday Morning Perkup: 1897, Kindness, Kid Update, List Goodness, Pinterest, PLR, more! - May 19, 2016
- ☕ Your Wednesday Morning Perkup: 1152, IM, Food shaming, Lazy Affiliates, 52 sites, JVzoo software, More! - May 18, 2016