Interesting it is indeed! You’ve probably heard of Bill Gates shack (errr, house) that has state of the art facilities (hey, you can even get your own virtual guide INSIDE the house here), but that has been reduced to virtually poverty-level by the following. To wit:
…Atop six stories of parking lots, Antilla’s living quarters begin at a lobby with nine elevators, as well as several storage rooms and lounges. Down dual stairways with silver-covered railings is a large ballroom with 80% of its ceiling covered in crystal chandeliers. It features a retractable showcase for pieces of art, a mount of LCD monitors and embedded speakers, as well as stages for entertainment. The hall opens to an indoor/outdoor bar, green rooms, powder rooms and allows access to a nearby “entourage room” for security guards and assistants to relax….
Where possible, the designers say, whether it’s for the silver railings, crystal chandeliers, woven area rugs or steel support beams, the Ambanis are using Indian companies, contractors, craftsmen and materials firms. Elements of Indian culture juxtapose newer designs. For example, the sinks in a lounge extending off the entertainment level, which features a movie theater and wine room, are shaped like ginkgo leaves (native to India) with the stem extending to the faucet to guide the water into the basin.
On the health level, local plants decorate the outdoor patio near the swimming pool and yoga studio. The floor also features an ice room where residents and guests can escape the Mumbai heat to a small, cooled chamber dusted by man-made snow flurries ….MORE….
News of this home started meandering about online in 2007:
- In Pictures: Inside The World’s First Billion-Dollar Home
- Billion Dollar House – Ultimate Luxury or Living Hell?
- Mukesh Ambani’s new house – Antilla
- 60 Storey Tower House for Mukesh Ambani
- Ambani Builds A Palace In The Sky
And now the gadget article is making its way across Internet:
- Gadget-Filled $2 Billion Home Makes Bill Gates’ House Look Like a Shack
- World’s First $2 Billion House
- Gadget-Filled $2 Billion Home Makes Bill Gates’ House Look Like a Shack [Architecture]
So tell me now…what would YOU include in such a home?
My favorite gadget goodies would be:
- World-class workout facility
- Steam/Ice Shower
- Personal area for the 15 Twitter Budgies
- To-die-for Home theater
- Personal Martial Arts Trainer (hey, why not? 🙂 )
And I can’t forget about
- My own personal Coffee Mansion
I mean, wouldn’t everyone? 🙂
ps – speaking about mansions: